View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #17
Todd_a

Re: Dropping my '64 stepside without messing with the suspension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post
If everyone drove someone else's idea of what a vehicle should look like, I think I would have to ride a bicycle! If others don't want to chop their ride, that's their decision to make. If it weren't for doing things like you did (and it looks good too!), hot rodding would be non-existant.

I've caught crap for what I did to mine, but until they are the ones opening up their wallets, their opinions are meaningless. Besides, who gets to determine the "right" way to do something???? They guy with the welder in his hand, thats who!

Keep up the good work, I know you'll be happy with it when it's done. And that's all that matters! What are the rest of your plans for the truck?

Thanks for the support!!!!!

The other plans for the truck are sketchy at this point, but here is what I know so far:
- I am installing a '72 and earlier blazer/suburban gas tank in the rear under the bed next.
- I am looking at adding A/C to it for next summer.
- CD Deck as it has nothing at all at the moment.
- Different wheels, but I am not sure which ones. I was thinking about a set of steelies but I am not set on anyhting at this point.
- Engine mods will probably come soon
--- It is a low compression 350 out of a 1995 truck with the factory cam and heads, so I was thinking about fabbing up a Turbocharger setup for it and blowing through the carb with that. Should easily be able to get 500HP with that setup. It would be something different again.
- Rearend is 4.11 and turbos like a highway gear, so I was thinking about swapping to a 2.73 or 3.08 gear out back with a posi unit.
- If I did all that, I would need to upgrade the brakes, so I would swap to a power disc/drum setup with all that.
- Paint: this truck was originally Seafoam and I love seafoam, so I would probably go back with that when the time comes for paint.

But, I will probably just enjoy it for a while like it is before delving off into more.
Todd_a is offline   Reply With Quote