View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 01:13 AM   #7
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: When did you purchase your Truck and How much?

When I'm in town I can't help notice the corner of the little car lot I bought this from in 1989. Right on main street, it's a postage stamp so remains a spill-over used car lot 32 years later, just a different name and that. I have the receipt someplace but it was $2800ish.

I didn't know enough about it to realize later for the most part the truck was unmolested, less the former owner's recreational desires and what turned out to be a wreck and cheap paint job. That was before I put my paws on it however, and a mechanic too, such as I'll never use this P13...............Whoops.

Didn't know it was T-boned until a dry run a year ago, they left us a mess, bent pillar and that. I'm second owner with the car lot in-between, and little doubt the poor paint job in all white came that in-between. The dealer had the tailgate someplace else, I remember picking it up from a shed & where. The tailgate was still ochre, so my truck really stood out The former owner was an old guy, I still have most of the original paperwork. He special ordered the truck off a small lot about 20 minutes from me. Dude was all things RV, in a SHORT BED??? Sure he got the 402 but.....

Boat launching hitch welded to bumper, bummer

CB I never saw but it left a mess of holes.

Brake controller

Camper mirrors

Saddle tanks - I thought it was cool to have those doors chromed Should have seen my mirror selection, yikes!

Fifth wheel brackets welded to frame, neat. Yeah that bed was toast and so much for cool chrome entry doors. Found a replacement bed and front bumper 5 minutes from me 10-12 years ago, that was a good day.

Step bumper with receiver hitch. Wish I never got rid of it. Almost forgot, he ordered his SWB with leaf springs No finding rear bumper brackets.

Here's what it looked like soon before I took it apart. Note all the holes in the door for various mirrors Think that's bad, shame they didn't replace the RH door when it was wrecked, at the time a door ran $25-40 locally.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 06-14-2021 at 01:24 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote