View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #72
71cadc10

Re: Boyd Welding-67-72 Rear Mount Aluminum Tank

Here's an update to the drawing...the side fill will just have 2 pcs welded like shown.

The material is 1/8 aluminum as listed in the first post.

Other notes: there are 0.625 radius shown on 4 of the edges of the tank, these are bent edges and won't be weld seams. Basically the tank is 2 "U" shaped pieces that are fit together and welded.
EFI version will have baffles added, and a Walbro GSS342 pump with a sock filter on it. The return will be on the passenger side somewhere and will return fuel in an area outside of the baffled pickup so fuel aeration is minimized.

I have experience with the GSS342's, they are a great pump. At 14v running pressure is approx. 60 psi, perfect for GM fuel injection setups (Gen III or IV). This pump is supporting 500 rwhp in my LS1 GTO and been in there for 27K miles daily driven. So I'm very happy with the performance and longevity.

If you have Carb setup now, and thinking EFI later (which I am) then there are pressure regulators that will work with the high inlet pressure and bump down to the 7psi or so that a carb wants. Will return a good bit of fuel but should work just fine if the return line is sized large enough. I eventually want to "grow into" and EFI setup when funds and time allow...so this will be one less hassle when I'm ready.

Cheers...
Andy
Attached Images
File Type: pdf truck_tank_r2.pdf (46.5 KB, 554 views)