Thread: My '69 Suburban
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #17
1971BB427

Re: My '69 Suburban

Well the weather held off all day, and it was a long one, but I got all the interior done!
Pulled out all the old carpet under the seats. (still have to do cargo area, but that will be a snap) Cleaned and prepped everything.

Laid down sound deadener. Removed the old frame supports from the backseat, and relocated them, then built a plate to span the new bolt pattern for the Durango backseat. Welded up a piece of box tubing on the back side to keep it ridgid, and add strength:

After bolting the plate to the supports, I laid the new seats on the frame and marked the bolt holes. New back seat:

Then I drilled the pattern and bolted the new seat in:

The new seat lays down to allow more cargo space if I need it, or just look cleaner if I want it down:

Saved the buckets for last, as they would be easier. Had to add a small L bracket to the front of each foot to make it bolt horizontal, instead of perpendicular to the floor. Just used a Kindorf L bracket and then marked the holes to drill with white chalk. Bolted the seats in after cutting the electrical plug off the driver's seat and adding 5-6' of wire to run to the fuse block. Fished the wire in and bolted the new buckets down:

Hooked up the wires to the fuse block, and cleaned up the driveway full of tools and welder! Here's the new setup:

The new buckets are really nice! Dark gray leather, with adj. lumbar support, and electric 6 way controls! Gotta go to the U pull it tomorrow and find seat belts to match the seats, and then it's done! Also want to see if I can buy a center console to go between the buckets. That will allow me some covered storage and cup holders!

Last edited by 1971BB427; 04-28-2011 at 12:59 PM.
1971BB427 is offline   Reply With Quote