View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 08:03 AM   #1510
SCOTI

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's a nice combo.

I had my utility trailer caps and wheels matched up to the Suburban. It turned out to be a challenge to find 15" wheels with the 4 1/2" bolt pattern and a center that accepted standard size hubcaps. I found 49-51 Ford car wheels at a swap meet. Typically, the 4 1/2" pattern wheels accept smaller caps, such as Mopar, and are 14". I ruined one of those wheels and discovered the LUV hubcaps fit the typical smaller center wheels. Now I need to paint the trailer wheels white
I imagine that did take some sleuthing although I knew about the Luv caps being similar yet smaller than the 10" caps. My hunt was easier as it has the common 5x5 truck pattern.

I did the caps this way to better match the full covers on my dually. Since I've had this trailer for a while (20yrs), when I had Ralleys on my previous trucks, I did van Ralleys on the trailer & matched the cap style (73-87 or 88-98 depending on which truck it was @ the time). I still have the original modular steel wheels the trailer came with as they made good rollers or spares from time to time.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote