View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: How Many Remember These Transmissions?

Yeah, we like to hear that thing work! When I tell people my '67 will be running an M22 they tell me I'm going to hate the gear whine. I tell them I want the gear whine. Bill, I was a Ford kid, too. My dad just drove what used vehicle he could afford, so no brand loyalty. But the early hot rod scene was about Fords, The '56 F100 was the hot lick, it even seemed most car model kits were Ford, except the current year ones. My best buddy's dad was a Ford man from Front Royal and me and him built Ford model kits (mostly). They had a black with red bucket seat interior Galaxie 500XL 4spd car, then a '67 Cougar XR7, then a '69 Marauder with 429 Wedge. But my favorite car was always the '55 Chevy and the more I looked at things the more I liked GM across the board in more ways than one. When I first started driving I just knew I liked the cool older vehicles, and this was '71

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote