View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 10:20 PM   #38
WorkinLonghorn

Re: Engine Blew, recommendations?

Thanks guys for the encouragement. Maybe not the cam, but it beats me what it is and yes, we located TDC twice and wired it up correctly with new wires and plugs. Going down the road giving it a little gas, it does feel strong. Strong like 7 cylinders strong and it revs up quickly in Neutral, just a couple cylinders are not cooperating and the idle is crappy. I'm starting to think that this guy left something in the intake or something. His shop was a real mess. I saw the lifter valley before the intake was installed and he had little pieces of dirt in there and I suggested that he vacuum or blow this out and he just grumbled a little. I said "I'd hate to see that get into the lifters". Anyway I am feeling better after reading these posts. I will try a new cap on the distrib, then maybe check compression, vacuum ( I don't see a place to "T" off of). But it is going to work tomorrow even if with only 6 cylinders.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote