Thread: Building a 6.0
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 09:27 AM   #13
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: Building a 6.0

Quote:
My thought's if you're going to stay NA is to either get a set of aftermarket heads, or send a set of 799's out to TSP or your porter of choice (I've used TSP and Frankenstein in the past) and have them ported and a high performance valve job done. Get a Fast 102 intake and 102 throttle body and work with TSP on cam selection. If you have a "stage 4"cam in it now it should have some chop to it at idle I would assume, shouldn't sound like a tahoe. What pipes and mufflers do you have after your headers? You'll want to upgrade your injectors and fuel pump to handle it then just a visit to your tuner. You already have an aftermarket stall so that helps a lot with cam selection and getting in the power band.
This all makes great sense. I'll give TSP and BTR a call and see what they think. I do have some chop now with the stage iv. Will my fuel pump that came in the Boyd Tank not be enough?
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote