View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 09:32 PM   #13
Hair

Re: Truck starts and dies immediately - need help

I got the remanufactured module in today. I put it in and did the reset procedure. Until now the security light had been solid, no flashing, nothing, just on. The first 10 minutes of the reset procedure the light started flashing for the first time - I was excited. The first 10 minutes it never stopped flashing. The second 10 minutes it flashed for a few seconds but then stayed on until the 9TH minute and then it went out. I was VERY excited!! The third and final 10 minute period the light flashed until the 9TH minute and then it went out again. I was feeling pretty good!

I tried to start it and it started and died immediately, same as it was doing. Tried starting it probably 20 times. Thoughts of suicide, depression, setting the truck on fire, and hauling it to the scrap yard ran thru my head, but I have calmed down now.

However, now, the security light is flashing all the time. Before, the light was solid all the time. I have read that if the light is solid its the module, but if its flashing its the switch. So, now I am thinking that maybe my switch AND the module were bad. I am sitting pondering to order a new switch.

I am afraid that my story will end up exactly like Sean's and I will replace everything, it still wont start, and then I'll just have to figure out how to hack the wires. I hope not.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote