View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 04:55 AM   #3672
MacQuigley

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Hi Rian, Im no expert in this and that's sort of the problem that nobody is, or so it would seem. Everybody seems to have their own take on this.

Im not 100% sure but I believe your Blazer should be running black on white up front and black on yellow out back and both must be reflective. So you wont get away with the silver on black pressed front plate but you may get away with one thats black on white and you may get away with the rear as shown but it would come down to an individual coppers understanding of the law if you get stopped. What seems to be the case is that there are certain dispensations given to size of lettering on imported cars largely due to the fact there may be restricted space to fit a plate that makes the UK's spec.

What I am sure of is if you were to get plates made up with something any other text like the Rear Animals Wear Black on your plate you may get pulled as you are not permitted to have anything other than perhaps a garage name or the name of the shop you got the plates from on your plate. My mate got plates for a VW made up with the VW emblem on it. He was stopped, fined and got 3 points for his trouble.

Somewhere I have the rules on this. I downloaded them when I was trying to decide what style plates to put on the Vette. If I can find them I'll let you have a copy.
MacQuigley is offline   Reply With Quote