View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
laid67

67 C10 Makin it handle

Here we are. I bought my 67 c10 as a gift for my 18th birthday.
The night I got home I tore into the engine bay and removed the mess of extra wires and gheto auto zone bling and "air-horns". I half stripped the awesome(not really) paint over the body that was obviously not prepped before hand. and That is how I drove her for about 6 months, All of the southern california summer in a black truck with no A/C and when you open the windows NO AIR blows into the cab. Between that and the turbo 350 trans that made the motor scream at me when I tried to go over 55. It had to go. I bought a vortec 5.3 and 4L60E out of a taho, pulled what I now found was a 400ci small block and 350 trans, which I sold for damn near what I paid for the new motor, and then the truck sat for two years.

A few months ago I caught my lucky break and got a job that leaves me with enough money after bills to put some serious (for me) money and time in the truck. ok, maybe not so much on the time. but I got my weekends.

After 5 or 6 times through the make it handle thread and the great info from Rob and all the other talented people that have contributed there, I have developed my plan.

No longer looking for a frame dragging bagged low rider, I am now building a truck that will feed my sports car desire.

So for the next few months I will be spending nearly every free moment in the garage hammering away at this seemingly impossible build I've got myself into

My baby, the night she came home
Attached Images

laid67 is offline   Reply With Quote