View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #12
dsraven

Re: Rebuild of 59 fleetside

if you are going with some big power consider boxing the frame. check out the aftermarket frames for ideas and pricing on the parts. it all depends on what you have to shell out. sometimes the upgrades are more than you think. a frame swap I am considering doing on my truck is an envoy or trailblazer. there is one built by lingenfelter online. notice though that the front wheels are quite close to the fenders even with little offset on the wheels. I think the 58-59 has wider front fenders so you may be in the clear. check out this site for info because there are a couple of guys doing that. the good thing is the brakes etc are already set up with larger, modern systems and some of the envoys/trailblazers come with v8 ls engine with fuel injection etc, if you are into that drivability and fuel mileage thing. dug224, rustymarco, ricott all have build threads. I haven't started one yet due to ineptness in the it dept.....plus I am still doing cab repairs and sheet metal work before I start the frame section. I have the envoy sitting there if I decide to go that way.
good luck, keep us posted with pics as you go (I know, hypocrite right? soon, very soon there will be a build thread. just gotta figure it out one day).
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote