View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #6
dajn
Account Suspended

Re: kept putting it off

Sure would be nice if fuel pumps would last longer. So stupid to put a fuel pump in the gas tank and at the same time make it a super cheap design that cant make 150k miles. Always with the scams. I am trying to remember how it went when I did mine on my 2000 suburban a few years back. I was able to get it to the parking lot at work. Of course it had at least 20 gallons in it. I was quoted $800 at a nearby shop to replace it. Lol. I went to napa and paid $330 for the same chinease pump that you can get for $60 on Ebay. The napa employee smiled at me when he quoted me the price. No joke. They sure do know how to make a profit. Took me probably 3 hours to change pumps. I remember it was a pain in the ass to unhook everything on top of the tank and to let it down with a floor jack. And when I got it back together, I only had the front strap holding it up because the back strap was rusted out and broke while removing it. So I used a ratchet strap to hold the back up and ordered a new strap that I later installed. So it's not a fun job but definitely very doable from underneath.
dajn is offline   Reply With Quote