View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #69
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
GM 1ton step vans have hydro boost and use a factory t in the return line to the pump verse having 2 returns ports on the pump. FIY
Yep…. in fact, that is what I am using is the modern P-chassis, which is now a Navistar product called Workhorse. That is the company I work for.

I could have kept the original P/S pump that is on the 8.1L now but I wanted the ZF pump for its durability, especially once I get a hydraulic winch. Since this truck is in pieces anyway, now was as good as time as any to throw it on.

Here is an engineering layout of our lines for a 2010 Workhorse 14,500 GVWR stepvan chassis with a L96 Vortec 6.0L and ZF P/S Pump and ZF P/S gear. The ZF pump only has a pressure and return port with a T in the return side. I am planning to use this exact P/S cooler and as much as these lines that I can but using a P/S reservoir from a larger vehicle for added capacity....If I can make it fit. These lines will need to be modified where they screw into the original K10 Saginaw steering gear. One of these lines may come up short as the engine sits closer to the firewall in a stepvan chassis than on a pickup.

DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote