View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 11:54 AM   #45
72c20customcamper

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

[quote=dieseldawg142;9265860]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Where EVs really shine is in city traffic . Their efficiency is at its peak unlike ICE vehicles but their efficiency drops in highway situations . The faster you go the more drain on the battery

"ev's shine in the city"
yes they do..and 80% of Americans live in cities. imagine if even half that number jumped into ev's. oil companies would end up investing in electricity to keep them ridiculous profits they make.....
Yup and most live in apartments or homes with no driveways in NYC. Staten Island may be an exception so where pry tell will they plug in ? Crap my sister in law spends an hour every day just finding street parking near her apartment building she lives in Brooklyn . Imagine trying to find a spot to recharge . Maybe in the distant future there will be ample infrastructure but not anytime in the near future. I doubt it even in my lifetime . As it is now they ask people to not use their AC in hot weather and have rolling brownouts constantly in the summer . He fuse panel consists of three Edison fuses and a total of 60 amps she has to turn off things to use the microwave oven this is indicative of most apartment buildings in NYC

Con Edison has a problem with power cable theft as it is now . Imagine the theft of the power cords from unattended charging stations in NYC . People steal garbage cans for gods sake

Wanted to add that owning a car in NYC is the exception not the rule . I know people who never have had a drivers license let alone a car . Most of the traffic is from commuters who live outside the city . Cabs and fleet vehicles would be the perfect candidates for EVs
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 12-12-2023 at 12:12 PM.