View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 08:33 PM   #10
03BlkZ

Re: New issue. Now the brakes.

So I have an update. I worked on the truck today and did the following. First I checked the rear drums to see if the needed to be adjusted. They were way out of wack so I adjusted them until they just began to drag. Tried the brakes and no difference. I removed the master cylinder and did a bench bleed. Installed it and re bled the entire brake system. Didn't help any so I drove the truck down the driveway so I could back up and try the self adjustment on the drums. Made no difference. Pedal goes all the way to the floor. The rear brakes will lock up on gravel but only after being fully pushed to the floor. I almost feels like the front brakes are doing nothing at all. I put it back in the shop and did another bleed. Didn't see any air. So I said screw it and took it for her maiden voyage anyway. The roads were we are are not busy so I went. The truck rides great and felt so good to drive it again. I was able to stop obviously but I had to plan way in advance. I drove it less than a mile. Also my brake warning light comes on and stays on most of the time. Could it be my proportioning valve? Very frustrated because this is what is keeping me from getting an inspection which would complete my resto.
03BlkZ is offline   Reply With Quote