View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 01:57 PM   #11
SCOTI

Re: Paddle Valves vs Electric Valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
those are great prices too...especially compared to what I posted. I've seen a video of the little larrys/four play box and it airs up and down way faster than I thought...seems perfect. I heard the old DLOE valves were fast too but can't find them for sale...and I think they were able to use 3/8 line too. I wanna say the air up time was 5-10 seconds..same for the drop.
I believe it's possible that the early Little-Larrys set-ups allowed using 3/8 line. I know of more than one guy (board member) that used them & wasn't happy though as there were leak issues. The DLOE/nickel plated 'toggle' style valves are rebuildable but I recall them using 1/8" npt fittings which would likely be 1/4" line though. A couple of the air-ride outfits out there offer them.

The paddle valve style I linked are 1/4" only so the flow is limited. But, we're still talking 'seconds' to raise/lower to/from ride height so it's just not instant up/down like larger diameter lines allow.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote