View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #26
SulphuriousSam

Re: Sam's Man Cave 66 Project

Ok. So I went out with my brother to scrub the truck with CLR and see how the ole girl looks. We got started around noon and it's already 100 degrees here so we only got an hour in before calling it a day. My bro lives in the Tacoma area and he's just not prepared for this kinda heat, well to be honest I was sucking wind too and I live here!

We did scrub the hood down real good though and I can say that the CLR does work very well. It took the surface rust off painted areas very fast and easy but some schmoe in the past sanded the paint off in a lot of areas on my truck so any remaining rust you do see on that hood is bare metal that I just didn't have the energy to spend hours on today!

Also I only had my iPhone and the truck was in dappled lighting so I'm sorry for the imperfect shots but here they are...

One taken before (older shot cuz I forgot to take one today)

And one after

Again I'm sorry for the poor imagery. There's very little paint left on the middle of the hood. It's mostly down to bare metal now.

Here's an after shot on the drivers side

And the passenger side

Anyway it turned out better than I expected yet not as good as I hoped! Not sure at this point how I would make this thing look like the original paint or primer is still there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

1966 C10 LWB, 283, 3 on the tree (lots of work to do!) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471348
2001 Suburban daily driver
2008 HHR (wife's ride)
SulphuriousSam is offline   Reply With Quote