View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #14
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Count down to D Day

Right, so where were we then? Ah yes… 5 days to MOT day….

So what was outstanding that would be needed to achieve a magic ticket?
1. Horn – Done
2. Screen Washers – to do
3. Passenger brake light – to do
Screen washer first then.

Previously you will have seen that I decided to save myself a whole load of agro and just order up a new pump from Rockauto.

Placed the order on Sunday and it arrived on my doorstep Wednesday, which was lucky as I had a day off as it was my good ladys birthday. And as she is such a wonderful person, I was allowed an hour in the garage as she spent a leisurely afternoon with her feet up ahead of the evenings festivities.

Also ordered a new fuel cap, so here is a gratuitous shot of my first new addition to Woody…

Felt rather good putting something new on.

Anyway, took the new pump and offered it up… Mmm…something is not quite right here….

Bloody hell fire! Tried for 30 mins to modify it to fit but gave up as it was just too big to fit (that's what she said....)

Anyway, as you can probably guess not too happy at this stage, the grand total of $70, including shipping, wasted.

Oh well, plan b then, which I should have probably done in the first place but I am a stickler for ‘originality’ where possible.
Quick trip to my local auto factors to procure the following:-

Make up a quick loom

Positon under dash.

Push washer button and…..

Nothing.

Mmmm… test feed to motor, all good.

Take motor off and test on battery… Dead.

Return to motor factors who didn’t have another and ordered it in for the following day. Never mind will be an easy job to sort out one evening. More on this later.

Time for Cake and Laughter.

Later.

P.
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote