View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:57 AM   #112
Shorty90

Re: Project ''Second Time Around''

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19723DR View Post
I finally pulled the bed off this weekend with the help of my brother; thanks Jeff. I also changed the fuel pump out, Found that the soft line to the pump was split. Since the old pump wouldn't come on I changed it out for a new one. I also gave it a quick tune up. Runs like a champ.

I've been spending the weekdays in Wyoming for work and haven't had much time for projects on the weekends between keeping the house going and trying to spend time with family. I've got two more weeks in Rock springs.
Wow, your post made laugh....

I at one time bought a 89 suburban non running, it was a no start issue....

I dug into it and spent maybe 200 as I got all used sensors, and parts... I wanted to leave the gastank as the last gas*( no pun intended)* I replaced everything my brain could thing of... so next thing was... hyou guessed it.. the gas tank... turns out... the filler hose( as I like to call it) was split... exactly the same as yours..... I had no codes... yet I had spark... air.... no ecm issues... but had no fuel.... WE all know many sensors cause a no fuel issue... I just went threw a no spark issue on a 89 s15 jimmy 4.3l... and sure ennough, it was the intake water tempeture sensor......

I am looking forward to the rest of this thread and your build... cheers...