View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 03:15 PM   #15
burnin oil

Re: I can’t be the only one

What's project creep? I left the drivetrain and suspension alone but tore the cab and front end apart, welded in the new steel, and painted it in 30 days. That included reassembly and me redoing the wiring harness. Luckily it was a daily driver so I could say good enough. I did cheat and already had the doors done before tear down. That was an 18 hour a day marathon but it was all the time I had so it had to be done on time since I took vacation and did the work 7 hours from where I was living and the truck was my daily driver.

Seriously though the best way to avoid project creep is to keep it mobile, even if it's not a daily driver. Most things can be done over a weekend other than final body work and paint. This method let's you find the issues ahead of time and allows you to adjust for it. The second you stop using this method the project will scream to a halt. Also when this happens the checkbook tends to come out alot more. Face the fact that there are some really nice rides here but I don't know of to many Concourse restorations going on. Just my thoughts and advice.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote