View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 09:49 AM   #2618
67C10Step

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Man, there's some nice trucks in here.

Anyway, my oil pan gasket install is finally done. Used the fel pro permadry and hope it tidies things up under there. With the little snap up things they provide it sure made the actual gasket and pan install much easier. Getting the pan off not so much, but crawling around under there and looking really close at things I got to fix a number of other items. Found two places where nails were used in the shift linkage instead of cotter pins. Got that cleaned up, lubricated and pins installed. Fixed both the block mounted plug wire retainers while I had easy access to them. Hopefully fixed the leaking spin on oil filter adapter as well. Cleaned and painted both pan and flywheel cover. Installed new oil pump.

What would work be without at least one bad decision? When it came time to put the exhaust back in I decided not to just weld it back together because I was thinking the no telling how many decades old muffler might be some of the problem I am having with carb tuning. So, I built this for a temporary exhaust. That's a 12" cherry bomb that dumps right at the rear of the cab. It's loud but will get me to the exhaust shop in a few months once I finish putting the interior back together.

I was running on such a high getting all this done I decided to tackle the leaking thermostat housing. Things were going good right up to the point they weren't. Both bolts broke off in the intake. That is my new weekend project.
Attached Images

2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote