Thread: 55.2-59 Exhaust donut
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 05:55 PM   #16
popeyestruck

Re: Exhaust donut

Sellers response --Hey,
Technically we're closed but I saw your message and wanted to reach out. The 1950-59 Chevy Trucks use a flat gasket connection. In 1960 it switches to a donut connection with a flare and an insert to seat it. The manifold is the same from 1949-1962 so I'm not sure why there was the change. We can send a flat gasket ASAP (we've sold hundreds of these so we have the gasket in stock). The other option is I can make that same pipe with a flare-insert connection (to accept a donut) but I can't guarantee fitment. That option would take a few days and we'd want the one you have returned but it should fit in the same box we would send the requested one in.
I included pics of the IPC factory bend cards between the two. Just to interpret at the bottom, the 60-62 "bead" is the flare insert connection you're referring to that takes a donut. The "flat flare" on the 55-59 is describing a flat connection requiring a flat gasket.
Let us know what your preference is and we'll do our best to accommodate. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.
Thanks,
Doug
popeyestruck is offline   Reply With Quote