View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 07:37 AM   #1506
special-K
Special Order

Re: Trucks Are Beautiful

We've been skipping over White throughout this thread. They don't seem to get a lot of respect they deserve. They kind of became the cheap fleet truck poster child, dime a dozen nothin' special. AND, a zillion of them out there! They were also the symbol of the big dog buying up other companies, up until they became the one bought. Well, Australian had a fondness for Whites not seen much in the US, some here did doll a truck or two up, but mostly I really enjoy seeing the old cheap fleet dime a dozen Whites wearing the now extinct trucking company livery. I also always had a soft spot for the White Mustangs. When I was a kid in the '60s I knew trucks a bit. I would see one a say, "Look, there's a White Mustang", and the other kids for scan all around and say, "Where? I don't see any Mustangs". Then I'd say, "That orange one. Allied Moving Co"

Not all 4000s were named Mustangs. I'm not sure how that went
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote