View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #9
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 2005 5.3 cooling diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
I questioned deleting the steam tube also but the guy I got my 6.0 from does ls swaps for a living and he said it was common to delete the steam tube. He says it wouldn't cause any problems....I guess ill find out.
You might be referring to the TB heater line, which is a small coolant line that runs through the bottom of the TB. Its a coolant bypass to heat the TB in winter...which IS super common to delete.

Even if he does LS swaps for a living, I can tell you from the source, it is not a good idea to delete the steam lines on the heads, you need at least one. The cars usually had a front and a rear steam crossover.

If you ever got the motor hot enough to boil over, or it didn't have a place to vent, it will pocket the air in the highest point on the water jacket in the head. You can hotspot the head, increase chances of a blown HG, or risk cracking the head if its allowed to heat up that much and then rapidly cooled.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote