Thread: New NAPA Truck
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 06:54 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Re: New NAPA Truck

Sounds like Dallas is doing some price gouging. If you Google NAPA toy truck promo you get the NAPA site that lists one with part# PRO TTRUCK 15 for $40, but no picture or description.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sMUJ4we3dZQ0bg

On the side it says online purchase not available with "why" highlighted. Scroll over that and the reason is item contains hazardous materials and can't be shipped. You can have your store order it in from distribution center. Huh, I guess they just give you a generic reason rather than the real reason. I can only assume this is that truck. But, that's a number to have them check on. I just have to get a chance to stop by. They won't know either and I guess the only way to find out is have them order one in, if they don't have any on the way. Probably will turn out you have to order a case. I don't see how they can stick you with it if it turns out to be something different when there is no picture or description other than toy truck promo. There is another truck but it's a 'mud racer' and priced too cheap to be a 1st Gear

These ain't no Hot Wheels. They may seem pricey but these are limited production and only available for purchase this way. This promo could have come and gone w/o any of us knowing about it. How many knew about the black one I just happened to luck into one day? For investment these are a good buy, for reason stated above as well as now that Danbury and Franklin mints are gone, 1st Gear is up there in quality detailed replicas.

I only want one because I've gotten into having a collection of anything and everything 67-72 GM Truck. I'm passing on this model in other promos. What I really want is a non-promo version. But, these NAPAs have realistic markings and since I have the other, I want this one to compliment it. I also have the Ertl 1/64th NAPA promo from years before

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-22-2015 at 07:24 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote