View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #50
skorpioskorpio

Re: 13" and 14" Corvette Brakes for C10's

OK, so if I'm starting from scratch and want 4 corner 13" brakes with single piston sliding caliper brakes with parking brake and the goal of easy service on the brakes, what can you do? I'd prefer to use something like SPP diamond slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. I think I'll get better pad area out of single piston sliders than some multi piston caliper, and I don't like drilled rotors, they tend to crack when you run them hard and eventually they look crappy anyway. I'm OK with going to 5 on 4 3/4" and changing out the rear axles to do that if it makes it easier to do off the shelf replacement parts in the future.

I'm planning out a project right now and want to do this all at once, I'm probably going to be using a Porterbuilt dropmember front with coilovers. Looking to do probably a 3" drop front and 4" or 5" in the rear.. I'm not just looking for brakes that look good behind wheels, I plan on using them and using them hard. Oh, project is a 69-72 Blazer/Jimmy and 18" wheels BTW, also want to stuff 295/45/18s on all 4 corners so I'm probably going to have to play around with backspacing to get everything to clear. Since these trucks lack a locking column I also plan to relocate the parking brake to inside of a Tuffy center console using a Lokar hand parking brake though I don't think that matters much.

Way2lo2 sounds like you could supply such a requirement, no?
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote