View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Custom/Ten

Brown/white wire, blue wire, what are these?

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what these wires are for. They come down from that area at the top rear of the hood and were taped up with the green wire that goes to the temp sensor in the head and the red wire that goes to the carb (rochester monojet). All four of the wires come down and run from the rear passenger side of the valve cover to the front, then wrap around the front and the brown/ white and blue wires were cut off right at the front by the temp sensor in the thermostat housing. From what I've read they could have something to do with a vacuum advance delay for auto trans, which I don't have.( mine is three on the tree) Or a resistance wire for the alternator but my alternator works fine. I'm hoping one of the hooks up to the temp sensor at the thermostat housing to make the idiot light work because the only things that still don't work on this truck are the temp idiot light and the new temp sensor which won't go past 100 degrees but the temp gauge may be a discussion for another thread. I just need to know what the brown wire with the white stripe and the blue wire are for. I'm gonna try to figure out how to post some pics, I'm not really sure how, this is my first thread. I just joined today, thanks guys this forum is awesome!

Last edited by Custom/Ten; 05-27-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Custom/Ten is offline   Reply With Quote