View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 05:21 AM   #126
1project2many

Re: Our Trucks Doing What They Did - Vintage Photo Thread

Quote:
Any chance you could identify which movies those truck scenes are in?
Hmm...

Probably not without repeating all the searches I made. imcdb.org is where I found them. They're all saved with horribly generic filenames like i749161.jpg. For the most part I stuck to film/television that was ten years or less newer than the vehicle unless there was something that made the pictrue stand out.

Pretty sure the TF moving van being followed by the '62 Chevy car was from My Three Sons. The two AD panels side by side are from a 1970 miniseries 11 Uhr 20. The AD with the canopy and people riding on the sideboards is from a 1959 documentary Araya. The red AD with the camper that's turning hard is from The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia. Mackay Speed Shop is from To Please A Lady, 1950. The tandem axle TF in front of the old Chevy dealership is from a fairly new miniseries, The Man in the High Castle. The white 55.1 sitting under the overhang is fro Andy Griffith.

If you go to this site you should plan to get lost for a bit. Lots of cool pictures and in some cases you'll probably think "I never saw that truck in that movie" just like I did. https://www.imcdb.org/

Last edited by 1project2many; 05-08-2019 at 07:33 AM.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote