View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
33shooter

Re: In the spirit of the new forum I have LS swap questions.

This is all very comforting and seems that my thoughts were right on. My goal is to drive my truck daily to work and back. I have a 15 mile commute one way on an interstate.

I'm planning on using the DT LSx swap headers, and was considering a cam and spring kit. Not sure what cam specs I want as thats a whole lot more research to try and wrap my head around it. Any other performance mods that I should consider?

What is an M-90 ecu? And is that what I should look at?

I want an iron block, aluminum head motor and would prefer something with the L92/vette heads. The long term goal is to put a blower on the truck when I stop driving it as a daily driver. This is why I was looking at the 4l80e, but if the 60e is fine up to around 400ish at the crank then I should be ok.

As for gears, I was looking to stay around 3:40's and if I need to 3:08s. I'd prefer a 3:73 but I think my mileage would suffer. I'm planning on running 17 or 18" wheels with a mild street tire. Probably TT2's but we'll see. If I go bigger on the tire, I can run a taller gear, but thats up in the air and I'll see where I go on that.

Another question. I have access to E85 and use it in my F150 when I'm around town every couple of tanks. Its cheaper by .30 cents a gallon. On my F150 it is worth it if I'm staying with in town driving as its only a 1-2mpg less. On the hwy with that truck it turns into a dog and is 5-6mpg less so regular is what I use.

I'd like to be able to use E85 in this truck, not exclusively, but on occasion. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I were to put a blower on it, couldn't I use E85 also? It is a full .50 cents cheaper from E85 to premium. Just curious, as to what others thought about this and if its practical. I know there are some E85 flex fuel 5.3's but this is just an exploration to see what others think.

This truck is gonna be sweet.
33shooter is offline   Reply With Quote