View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 06:23 AM   #725
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed57 View Post
Gosh BC . Lookin REAL good..are you goin to use the stock door latches or bear claws..iam gettin ready to do the one piece windows myself (perfect timing woth you doin most of the hard part, figuring it out.lol) but it looks to be REAL close fittin for bear claws. Whatcha think??
]
Yes Slammed57 I have the stock door latches, and striker plates none of it original all brand new. I stress brand new because i saw a guy turn a corner on a frwy exit in his fully restored'56 Chevy truck and his passenger door flew open. I pulled along side of him and told him don't feel bad the same thing happened to me that's why you don't use the old door latches and mechanisms. He said he was going to replace'em asap. He was white as a ghost he nearly had a heart attack it scared him so bad.

Yep Bear claws are better way to go. But i haven't had any issues with my new parts so I am just going to stick with the old set up. I saw a '57 Chevy truck at the SEMA show with the manual one piece glass set up bear claws and couldn't figure out how he had the room to position the metal channel for the felt and window. I am sure there is some one on here that shows how it's done I just haven't searched for it yet.

Thanks for comin' by to take a peek. When you get the window figured out with the bear claws keep me posted I have a couple friends doing the same as you, but have not yet gotten to the point yet in their builds.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote