View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #125
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Ultra Family and Hauler Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6lcummins View Post
62mm Inducer on the compressor wheel and 71mm Exducer on the turbine wheel.
Good catch, IDK what I was thinking when I typed that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Holy kick in the stones, Batman!! Man, that sucks. Glad you got it fixed up quick. I've been absent from this thread for a bit, but for some reason I thought you had this running a while back or at least were a whole lot closer than you actually were. I don't miss gelled diesel......ugh.
Yeah, I drove it about 42 miles in January and then the oil pan drain plug fell out. I thought I stopped it in time but I didn't. Definitely sucked, but it's a lesson learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
That is more than mine weighs with a full load of travel goods. Wow!!
Yeah, I knew they were heavy, but holly crap not this much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
ill go ahead and break it down since Ryan said it all wrong and you are speaking in turbo code.

the inducer is the inlet side of of the wheel, regardless of its orientation. the exducer is the outlet side of the wheel. so, in a turbocharger, the inducer side of the compressor is the side that you see when you look down its throat. the exducer side of the compressor is the big side that is at the back of the compressor housing.

the exducer of the turbine wheel is the small side, or the one you see when you look up the turbos butt. the inducer is the big side of that wheel in the front of the exhaust housing.

since the space available for the compressor to draw in air is the inducer and the space available for exhaust to exit the turbine is the exducer, you can get an idea for the air flow ability and depending on all kinds of other factors the power it will be able to make from knowing the size of the inducer on the compressor and the exducer on the turbine. the area of the exhaust housing, or the third number given in the size helps you determine how much fliud can pass through the housing at a given pressure. that will help determine the lag or how fast the turbo spools and has an effect on EGTs and drive pressure.

this thing seems to have a target on the gonad area, or maybe the wallet. but at least it should be a nice well done rig when finished! Ryan had it running/driving briefly, but it took a digger when the engine decided to knock.
Well said Ryan. And yeah, this thing has way of draining the pocket book or any account hooked to it. But, this is a part in building old trucks. This one had 179k on it and I'm sure they weren't all great miles. Haha
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote