Thread: 65 C60
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #27
ed2552

Re: 65 C60

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
Dang, nice truck! How did it manage to stay in such nice shape for 40 years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
if that isn't a testament to these trucks, dunno what is.
43 years old and still a work horse!!
thanks for the pictures
the only thing we noticed was wrong is that the left blinker doesn't return to center, and the passenger side vent is plugged with a mouse nest. ALL the heater stuff works, defroster, heat, fan. The wipers work, all the lights, EVERYTHING!! A few questions: I put in new plugs, what should i have gapped them to, i gapped them to .035, is that right? What about the points and condenser, coil, cap, rotor, etc? I checked the coolant, and it will need a flush/change, i got a thing of Prestone Super Flush, or something, where you drain the coolant and put that in w/ water, and run it a little bit, and then drain that and put in your coolant/water mix. Is this a good product? What else should be done as far as preventative maintenance goes? I'm gonna grease everything and inspect everything tomorrow, i just want to know what else i need to do. Thanks in Advance.

EDIT: Also, we ordered new front tires, and had to order new wheels, as the old ones are split wheels, and were told that when we needed new rear tires, we would have to put new wheels on there as well. does that sound right?

EDIT #2: we bought new bulbs for the hood lights, are those running lights? Because the lens is clear and the bulb is clear, as well as the fact that the blinker is on the fender. Also, the Brake and Clutch pedal pads are off, and shot, where is the best place to get new ones, LMC? Brothers?
'65 C60 292, 4 spd, 2 spd Rearend, 15' Grain Box, MINT!
09 Yukon Denali 82k Miles 6.2L/6A

Last edited by ed2552; 08-08-2008 at 10:44 PM.
ed2552 is offline   Reply With Quote