View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
jdime20

Bed/cab/bumper issues

67 short fleetside, wood floor. Cab forward is original sheet metal, i have a new bed from Woodall. Very happy with the besides, all seems to be great quality and is the only aftermarket anything I've found that actually fits correct. My issue is when I put it together and get it on the truck it's exactly 3/4" high using the body line as a guage. I used a laser to broadcast a perfect line and everything is straight, just the bed body line is 3/4" higher. I have new poly cab mounts, assumed being aftermarket they're not correct, so I made a 3/4" spacer for all 4 cab mounts and the core support. Problem solved I thought. Now with the laser line the body line is perfect from front of fender to across the doors to back of the bed. All metal fits perfect. The problem now is the front bumper. It sits to low, top is just below the grill instead going over like it's supposed to. I've essentially put a body lift on the truck and now the bumper won't fit. So maybe the poly cab mounts were right?? That doesn't explain the bed being to high. I've read many posts about this problem. The only thing not original to the truck is the bedsides. I believe it has the correct crossmembers, they are the shorter ones, 2 3/8" tall. A few are even the originals so I dont think thats the issue. The frame perches are original, have not been altered or changed. I've had the truck over 20 years, the original bed did not have this problem. I dont see any way to get the bed lower. The spacers under the cab and core support seem to be the only option to get it all lined up but I dont know what to do about the bumper. I can't just raise it up bc the lower curve of the bumper pushes the whole thing forward when I bring it up causing a huge gap between it and the grill. I'm not against a roll pan, but the frame horns won't clear. Frame is already powdercoated so modifying the frame is not an option. Any ideas???
jdime20 is offline   Reply With Quote