View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #135
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

Had a little time to spend on the project so I did a few of the easier things so I could see some progress. I installed the blinkers and markers. I opted to go with the clear ones simply because they blend in better with the color scheme. I debated it thininking that they would look cheap and too tuner-ish, but I really like the way they blended in with the look of the truck. My factory harness did not have provisions for the outside marker lamps, so I am splicing into the low beam side of the head lights and it will feed over to the markers.

Spent a bit of time painting the dash bezel and glove box door to match each other. I installed the new AutoMeter gauges into their final resting place and it is ready to install and get the final wiring tied up under the dash. The tach still needs a piece around it to be perfectly centered and I am awaiting the flush mount L.E.D. lights to install for the turn signal indicators and the check engine light for the OBD system. The three small holes across the top of the bezel are for the turn signals and the check engine lights.

I also tied up the inside of the cab with sound deadener. That was a slow process, but I am very glad I took the time to get it completed. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend on something that wont be seen, but it will make a world of difference inside there. I used every square inch of what came with the kit, and the scrap pieces I placed on the doors where it will be hidden by the door panels. I may pick up a few more sheets and get the doors done a little more.

Other than that, we ripped a few smokey burnouts in the shop while the guys were over this weekend. Still needing to get a new balanced driveshaft built, but other than waiting for that it is road worthy, just missing the bed....

Cheese "carpet, seat and door panels next" Man