View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #140
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

As with all projects, plans change from time to time....so I have decided to go with a fleetside bed and away from the stepside bed. I found a bed that was in southern Missouri and made a flying trip down to get it. It was a bit rougher than I was hoping for, but picked it up and drug it back home and ended up putting in all new cross members, braces and some patch panels. It was originally off a CST truck, so I welded in all the trim holes as well. I decided to get a roll pan for it as well, so after it was all together, I test fit it I the truck before It came back off and went to the body shop. I was running into fitment issues with the 20x10 rims in the back with the stepside bed, they fit perfect with the fleetside bed.

I also mocked up the front bumper so I could see the ride height. It is exactly the height/stance I was going for.

I also came across the engine cover kit from a Denali to help hide the ugly stock wiring and coil packs on the LS, so I threw it on as well. It really helped to clean up the motor.

So now the bed is off and at the body shop and this is how she sits for a few more weeks until she is mated with her bed and all reshot with new paint to match everything up from the last body shops work...

[IMG][/IMG]

And soon she will be sporting her new custom plates (pending the state of Missouri's approval)

That's about it other than some tidy work inside the cab and getting all the windows and rubbers installed. Will post more when I have more to share.