View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 08:30 AM   #71
special-K
Special Order

Re: '95 Heater Control Panel. What's The Diff?

I did get to the junk yard last Saturday. The first '96-ups I found all had the harness ends cut out with the control panel left laying. I was thinking this is a hot item and someone comes through and gets them all. But finally I did find one, control panel removed yet, still had harness intact. I had to do a double take and double check I had a Vortec truck. I also got a blue cluster surround and cupholder to go back in with. Now I need to do the replacement.

I think I'm going to replace the module first and see if things work properly. I've put two switches in, the reason I got into this panel replacement saga, and both stopped functioning in short order. I saw a truck in the junkyard that made me feel stupid. It looked like the panel had been replaced and of course the clips snapped off. They had simply screwed the panel back in... DUH! That never occurred to me. Why not? Once in place (and held there) with the surround installed you can't tell. This person just ran a screw in which slip the plastic on the panel, but it held it in. If mine still does it's job I'm going to hold off on the harness conversion. When I do the screw I'll do it right and drill a hole first so the plastic doesn't crack. If all this works out this way, like I said, I feel stupid. I could have had the fan blowing all this time. Not looking forward to replacing that module, though. Looks tedious.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote