View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #52
Kracin

Re: 69 Fleetside, Build and Sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDude View Post
This, IMO is a junk thread. The people on this board Love and Cherish these trucks and are never going to jump on with you fixing something with improper material...ain't gonna happen! Just because they make "magic sticking putty" to hang a picture with (As seen on TV for $19.99, and if you buy now we'll throw in an extra tube) doesn't mean it's better than hammering in a nail or installing a screw to hang your picture. Same for fiberglass...just cause Eastman's sells it...you get my point. None of us would want our trucks fixed with fiberglass, period. On a positive note, I wish you the best... just wish you would see the light with this fiberglass idea. You are not fixing a rust issue when you use fiberglass...you are creating a future problem for the next owner.
thanks, and trust me, id rather do things the right way too, but its like i stated before, its about access to materials, and parts... no im not "certified" to weld, lol but that just tells the people at the auto port that i didnt go to a school for it, but i can weld whatever i need to, i fabricated the intercooler piping system for my other car.

oh and i just posted before that i bought the inner roof header panel where all that rust was at and i probably dont need to look at using fiberglass for anything (that was the only spot i was even considering it), since i found out that they sold that (thank you to the forum member who pointed me towards that piece in LMC), and since itll be one of the last repairs since i have to take out the windshield and park the truck for a while to do, i hope i can figure out the welding situation where im at in time to get it done right.

Last edited by Kracin; 06-28-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Kracin is offline   Reply With Quote