View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #84
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '60-'62 POwer Brake Booster Adapter Bracket With A Clutch

To use your original '66 master cylinder, you will have to change the intermediate pushrod to the long one.

I would recommend upgrading to a dual reservior master cylinder. There is a write up in the '60-'66 FAQ index on how to do it. Then all you will need is a master cylinder for a '70 Buick Estate wagon, which will work with the short intermediate pushrod. Of course this is assuming you still have 4 wheel drum brakes. If you have discs up front, you really should not use the original master cylinder, and you will need a master cylinder and prop valve for a disc/drum braking system.

You do not have to use the S10 master cylinder with the S10 booster. There are many other master cylinders that will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmguy View Post
hi everyone

have used the captians brackets for my 62 GMC with fliud clutch

and am using a 1987 S10 booster

can anyone tell me if a round brake master cylinder unit from 66 chevy truck will fit on my booster please

it would look a little more original than the crappy S10 and I have no idea how to make the dual set up on the S10 unit work on my one line brake system

comments most welcome thanks
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote