View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
So.Cal.Super
It'll Buff Out!

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

First off I want to say JointTech, I'm not trying to offend you.

I have order parts from LMC when I first got my truck, the catalog is easy to use and read. what frustrated me was the quality of the parts, especially gaskets not fitting well. and Customer service reading from a script when you have a problem frustrates me. I am from gen X (born in 79) and I use the internet to order a lot of things, I do thousands of dollars a month with amazon for the free 2 day shipping or 1.99 next day. when it comes to my truck I prefer the old method. Wes At Classic Heartbeat has been an unending supply of information. weather its a #8 screw with a #10 head or the correct gas tank grommet because he took a NOS and sent it off to get copied in the USA.

He even called me at home on a Sunday while he was pulling parts for my order to explain the box said made in Mexico instead of the USA like he thought and asked if I still wanted it. That to me is customer service. And when I ask him why he doesn't carry something, he is straight forward with telling me I can't get any better quality then LMC so he won't waste his time.

Yes I will agree the websites are dated. and they don't do the volume for free shipping, but when these mom and pops shops are gone. so is there knowledge. I've worked for a big box retailer, and when you have a kid who doesn't know the difference between a Torque wrench and a pipe wrench telling someone how to install a ceiling fan it scares me.

Hope I didn't offend you or anyone, just wanted to share my experience and .02

I'll take calling Gramps over cussing at crappy parts any day.

Become a Supporting Member
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

Man Card Rules
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634550

72 Chevy Cheyenne Super 400 LWB
So.Cal.Super is offline   Reply With Quote