View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 03:57 PM   #8
1976gmc20

Re: Duramax/Allison downshift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun in dirt View Post
You're not talking into a void friend, I hear ya
Over the phone diagnostics & on the road repairs are things that cause major headaches & wallet hurt sometimes. Sounds like the good Lord & good luck is on her side though!
Well, a Good Samaritan neighbor of her friends drove 7 hours round trip from the west slope to Denver to haul her and her gooseneck and all her critters to her friends' place.

The thing that's bothering us now is this: one morning after she got back to Michigan her truck wouldn't start. She called for a tow and the driver asked to look at it first. He found the fuel filter housing was loose and it had lost prime. I had just had the fuel filter(s) changed in Billings before she came and got the pickup and drove it back east

I also had the dealer drain/flush/refill the engine coolant, and now the mechanic in Denver says he found a loose clamp on the bypass hose. I can't imagine that they would have messed with that at the dealer but it sure is making me wonder ...? Obviously, I'm not too happy with the Chevy dealer right now. We didn't buy her pickup from them because they don't keep anything that old on the lot, but I bought a 2016 from them a year ago, and I had over a grand worth of service done on the 2002.

Anyway, I'm glad that it's something relatively simple and not something like a head gasket. Now she's got to get a ride back over the mountains next week to get her pickup back. I think when she gets back over to the ranch that she should load up the trailer real heavy and drive it up the west side of Monarch Pass and back just to test it out on a hard pull before she ever takes off with a loaded trailer on a long trip again She's only about 30 miles west of the summit where she's staying now.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote