View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 01:38 PM   #12
1976gmc20

Re: Duramax/Allison downshift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Fresh Prestone Dexcool premix is kinda red or pink.

The small diameter hose on that sheet metal octopus between the thermostat housing and the water pump might actually be a reasonable place to hook up the flush gear to the cooling system.
Well, IF that's what they did then I'm going to raise Hell with the dealer here and demand that they pay her repair bill in Denver plus associated expenses from being stranded.

Quote:
Don't let your body stop you from doing things you like to do.
I'm getting sore more than I used to on cold days and I need to pull myself up when I get down on the ground to work on stuff but I'll be darned if I'll stop just cause it hurts. I like working on the machinery so I'll keep doing it. I move slower than I used to cause it hurts but I ain't gonna stop.
I dug 18 one foot deep holes along the property line early in the week and I'll be digging up some beech, maple, and oak saplings in the woods, mostly rock maple if I marked em right last fall, to put in those holes with chicken doodie, dirt, and peat next week after the freeze goes back to spring. I'm moving some volunteer antique lilacs and forsythia too. They'll be my mark on this place a century after I'm dust.
I've had arthritis in my hands and other joints since I was a young teen. If my shoulders, hands, hips, and knees hurt in the morning I know I'm still alive.
Oh, I still have plenty to do. I just got back from a 2-3 mile hike in the woods. I split all our firewood by hand. We might ride our horses after lunch if it doesn't rain.

Last fall we bought another 20 acres next door and it is all overgrown with juniper so I've been gradually clearing out a turn around and camping site among the pines. The stuff is nasty and grows every which direction. I get a few fence posts and a little bit of small firewood and a LOT of brush to drag down the hill into a pile (and then climb back up again!).

And I need to finish up this stupid room out here and build some sort of floor inside it that won't rot out at least for my lifetime. And I still need to side the barn instead of just tarp walls, and I want to re-frame the other screened porch and close it in and install some take-out windows that we have sitting around.

There was no way I could do all that stuff on her pickup before she came and got it. We were tearing out the old hot tub during that time. I bought the rear brake pads for it but I didn't even get that done and just gave her the pads to install later. She's done it before, on smaller vehicles.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote