Thread: 55.2-59 junk yard seats
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #10
_Ogre

Re: junk yard seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
I was looking at some Envoy seats on Craig's List. When I was doing a search on how to wire them, I saw a post from Ogre on hotrodders.com, or something like that. I like those seats as they have the built in seatbelts. I don't have the talent or welding prowess to build a hoop to put four point harnesses in.
the floors of our trucks are not properly reinforced to handle seat back seatbelts. even reinforce seat pedestal bolts will pull out of the floor and pin you to the dash. i rolled my first 58 my senior year of high school, i'd hate to be seatbelted in an old truck in anything but a mild crash. no front impact, both doors popped open and the roof came in.

seatbelts don't make these truck safer, if your worried about a kid hitting the dash when you apply the brake, yes. i have never had a kid in truk, never will. i've paid for that wreck for the last 50 years, not a day since that i haven't had some pain and it gets worse with age. in a wreck, i'd rather be loose and about.

during truk rebuild, i dropped my cab on the firewall from 10 inches up, it almost totaled the cab. luckily we had an old school body guy in the shop. firewall came in 3 inches on top, A pillar twisted, roof came down. déjà vu!

you are only fooling yourselves, if you think seatbelts makes your truck safer...

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote