View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #44
67chevy1series

Re: Gorey's 67 GMC 3/4 ton Shop Truck

It's been awhile! I would consider doing 4wheel disc brakes but it's not as simple for the 3/4 tons, it can be done but I'm not really 100% positive there's a kit out there for them. So considering rear discs may be a little difficult to achieve and that you rebuilt all the brakes in the rear then maybe you should keep them if there doing alright. However if your going to put discs on the front and your feeling lucky you might as well do the rear as well since your already there and your brakes will already have to be bled.

As for lowering the truck, I know CPP sells 4" rear lowering coils that are heavy duty Part number: RCS603-4HD and they also make c-notches that are made of 3/8" steel, which is 1/8" thicker then the light duty c-notches part number 6372CNK-HD and as for the front they don't have any coils that are heavy duty but they have stock height all the way to 3" drop coils. Don't know if you have rear leaf or coil suspension but if you do have coil this would be a nice height and still would be useable to haul. A c-notch is not required or recommended with a 4" rear drop but my suggestion is that it would help give you three more inches (if I remember correctly) of suspension travel for when you have some real heavy weight in the back. Hope this was helpful.
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote