View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 05:25 PM   #19
BigBird05

Re: Wire Crimping Help?

It only takes one wire to ruin your whole day. I worked in GM engineering and they made AKA paid us to solder every connection. The taught process being no human could crimp as tight as the machine that is on the assembly line. One loose or disconnected terminal could invalidate a test. Then you would have to run it all over again. Once the government go into destroying the Automotive busyness to rerun a test could be very expensive. They do make a large size crimper but it would be cost prohibitive for only a few terminals. I just crimp them with channel lock plyers and solder. I also add a ground wire to every harness on my cars and trucks. All of the grund wires are connected to each other and to the battery ground. We learned a lot about clean and dirty grounds when we started to install computers in automobiles. Computers run such low voltage that a bad or loose ground can really mess with it. Even modern automobiles can be fixed by cleaning and tightening a ground.P.S. I do go true a lot of shrink tube.
BigBird05 is offline   Reply With Quote