View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 09:19 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Very hard ride, '18 swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfnar View Post
This might belong in the 99+ forum, feel free to move if necessary. I recently bought a 2018 standard cab swb 2wd. To say it rides like a log wagon could be considered insulting to log wagon drivers. I've driven everything from chevy luvs to one tons, 2wd, 4wd from every decade back to the 40's. I've never driven a truck that rode this hard. Here are the details:
2018 standard cab swb, 2wd, 13,000 miles. The original 17" wheels have been replaced with 20's by PO. It might have a leveling kit in the front because it it sits pretty level.
I've searched the net and found that many 4wd silverado owners have changed to Bilstein shocks to fix similar problems. The only two options I can think of are to change back to 17's and try the Bilstein shocks. Both cost money so I'd like to be reasonably certain I'll get some improvement before throwing money at it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Post an image of the truck so we can get a better visual.

Since you mentioned it's 'leveled', it has me questioning what was used to complete the change?
Obviously, the change from 17" to 20" tires will have some impact on the ride (depending on sidewall heights) so that plays into things as well.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote