View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #25
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

As I’ve been gathering parts for over a year and started this build/disassembly over 6 months ago I’ve been taking pictures and when removing parts, looking the parts over and determining if they will be cleaned up and used as is, or rebuilt possibly modified, or replaced with something else. Plus putting all the nuts, bolts, and small parts in zip lock bags labeled where they came from that way finding the small parts that I might need to be reusing would be simpler.

I’ve been sorting thru all the photos that I currently have of the parts that have been rebuilt or will be used and wanting to bring this build thread up to date. This has worked out fairly well because a cold front has moved in with snow and ice. This gives me the chance to stay warm and bring a lot of this build plan together on this thread.

So hear is a glimpse into where the interior of the cab will be going.

The interment cluster has been rebuilt with LMC 36-1924 Fuel Gauge and LMC 38-8016 Dashboard Bezel

I’m going to replace the radio with Custom Autosound – Concours Series CHTKL-1S
AM/FM Cassette, CD/mp3 plug in capable. It will fit in the stock radio opening with out modification.

Name:  Dash-1.jpg
Views: 47111
Size:  99.7 KB

The heater control assembly had broken control arms and cables were in pretty bad shape, rebuilt with LMC 32-064 Repair Kit, LMC 30-1450 Control Cable Set, and LMC 36-0675 Heater Switch. The control arms where probably damaged when some one tried to move them and the heater box heat valve was clogged up with needles and leaves. Will be posting the heater box later.

It’s been around for ever or at least as far back as I can remember, one place to add gauges was under the dash on a simple bracket. I wanted something a little different so I bent up and welded a bracket for the gauges that will be mounted below the heater control with the heater control screws. Gauges to be used Auto Meter ATM-1994 Tachometer, Auto Meter ATM-2484 Vacuum, Air Lift 24804 Load Controller II using Auto Meter ATM-2234 Angle Rings and air switch and relief valve. The bracket will be painted the same color as the dash. Yes I will be using air shocks for helping with loads I’ll talk about that later.

Name:  Dash-2.jpg
Views: 45329
Size:  97.0 KB

I’m of an older generation before cell phones and GPS locaters and my truck just would not seem right if it didn’t have a CB. So I will be installing a Cobra 29 WX NW ST – Sound Tracker CB in the overhead head liner.

The LMC 38-2043 Headliner is where the radio speakers will be installed along with some sound/insulation material under the headliner.

Name:  CB-and--Liner.jpg
Views: 47289
Size:  87.1 KB

Since I’m storing the seats in the spare bedroom the cat is checking out a new place for a nap or should I just say kitty approved. The seats are from Discount Van-Truck-SUV-RV http://www.discountvantruck.com/truc...sSantaCruz.htm Santa Cruz 40-20-40 Truck Seats. For semi custom seats I find them of good quality and reasonably priced. I did order the frame the seats will attach to that’s for the 67 – 72 Chevy C10. I think the frame will require some additional support on the legs that I will weld on before the installation.

Name:  Seats.jpg
Views: 48682
Size:  99.1 KB

I haven’t finalized the interior of the cab color yet but I’m thinking of obtaining some of the stock fabric color of the seats for the door panels and some of the headliner.