View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #61
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

After a little vacation, I was able to get the DBW gas pedal installed. I butchered the original shaft that the gas pedal was attached to, but after 2 hours of tweaking and some round stock, she's in.

Motor is almost ready to go back in. This motor had an oil cooler. I had to delete it and put in this cover with a fitting for the oil pressure gauge. If anybody is interested here is the gm part number #12551587. It's called an oil pan cover. The brass adapter is a M12x1.5 metric to 1/8 pipe female. The gasket is a separate part#

The harness is back on and motor plumbed with an quick release fittings. I also put on a new starter and 140 amp alternator. Might as well while it's out of the truck, right.

Things have really slowed down trying to plumb the fuel system. A lot of trial and error and my first time plumbing a fuel system.

I decided to plumb the system 3/8 or -6an supply and 5/16 return. I swapped the inline pump to a mallory 60 psi unit that had -6 an inlets and outlets.

Of course to finish plumbing I need the motor in. The trans is patiently awaiting. I can't put the motor in until I get my clutch setup resolved. Hopefully that will happen today.
I also hope to get the final piece for my brake plumbing today. Inline tube is sending a t junction for my rear drop line. Can't wait to be done with brakes.

Last edited by cmabolt; 06-20-2013 at 10:00 AM.
cmabolt is offline   Reply With Quote