View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 11:29 PM   #17
Dexterb

Re: Best spray can primer/paint for chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
VHT Epoxy Satin Black. Not the Rollbar paint. It's a challenge to find but it turns out pretty nice. I agree, you have to clean, treat and prime it to make it last.
That looks good!
What makes it better than the rollbar paint? Anything specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3757chevy View Post
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MSR7243 NAPA chassis black But it's all in the prep.
Ugh.. I know. Such a pain since it is on a suburban and can't just pull off the box, or cab easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kev-O View Post
VHT Chassis & Roll Bar paint is a decent and so is their Epoxy Satin Black product. Both are epoxy and claims to be chemical resistant but I can tell you from experience brake fluid will strip just about any rattle can paint right off if you don't clean it up immediately. Rustoleum appliance epoxy is much cheaper than VHT and is pretty similar $25 for 6 can at Home Depot vs VHTs $8 each. The 2K aerosols are more chip & chemical resistant but expensive. I'm not trying to win any shows so I will just touch it up on occasion. The VHT Epoxy that I sprayed on my control arms is holding up pretty good.
Thanks! Did you prime first then hit it with VHT? Or since it is epoxy, it's all in one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I used Eastwood's extreme chassis black. I hand stripped the chassis to bare metal and used their rust encapsulater over the bare metal. It has been rock hard.
Im up in Canada, and by the time a few suppliers bring it up, and import etc, the price becomes ridiculous. If I was down in the lower 48, Eastwood would have been my go to.
Dexterb is offline   Reply With Quote