View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
66C06

Re: Pre-LS swap questions

the easiest way would be to find a pullout 5.3 from a wreck. The 5.3 will give you the torque where you need it and also great fuel economy. You can find a decent mileage pull out at a wrecking yard for about $500 bucks I buy them all the time. As long as the motor was running prior to pull out then the rest should be fine. If you want more power the easiest way would be a mild cam, mid length or long tube headers, cold air intake and tune.

as far as clearance for the rest I would suggest the ls1 camaro/trans am oil pan, windage tray, and pickup tube. That is the lowest profile setup on the market. since the truck front acc touch the radiator the best option is the camaro/trans am front acc for ease of installation. If your truck is going to be an a/c truck and you are using a truck or camaro harness I would suggest going with the camaro/trans am front accessories or the vintage air ls frontrunner setup. If you go with corvette or gto setup the alternator is on the bottom and the truck or camaro harness won't work unless you extend the wires. You can use the 700r4 with the ls motor and I think the only thing that is different is the flexplate....I can confirm that tomorrow if you want. I would be more comfortable using a 4L60E with it though IMO. An Ls1 intake manifold will be plenty for what you're doing. The LS6 has different runners to better match the LS6 heads. You will thoroughly enjoy a 5.3 with the camaro setup.
07 Hayabusa - absolute chaos
66C06 is offline   Reply With Quote